Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It's Birthday Time


Twenty Three years ago today was a Monday. That meant Family Home Evening at the Dunes. I went to my Dr. appt. at 2pm and headed out to the dunes with the family in tow. We hadn't been there very long and I began to cramp. I didn't say anything, just started timing them. By 6 I told Tom we had better get going, I was pretty sure I was in labor. We left the boys with the Marchants and hooked up our trailer and headed on in. We hadn't gone far when our truck quit working properly and we were pretty much moving along at about 2 miles an hour. We dropped the trailer at the inspection station and kept on limping in. The pains were about 2 lminutes apart and I just knew we were going to have to name this baby "Freeway". To make a short story shorter, we made it to the hospital and had the biggest surprise of our lives. We got a baby GIRL!!!!! WoW! She has been a light in our lives every since. So Happy Birthday to Ashley Nichole Lemmon Coulter. We love you!

9 comments:

Sabra said...

I had no idea her middle name had an "H" in it. Where have I been for twelve years!?

Carolina said...

Such a beautiful and sweet girl. Happy Birthday Ashley!

Granni P said...

Her name doesn't have an H in it. Oh great, another indication I may be living with Alzheimers. Did I spell that right? Help me, I am sinking fast!!!!

Tina said...

What a pretty picture of Ashley!

I hope she had a happy birthday...:)

Wendy said...

Wow! What a gorgeous photo of a beautiful woman~ Happy Birthday Ashley!

Deck The HALLS of HOME with JOY! said...

Happy Birthday Ashley! You're a beautiful girl inside and out!

franksgirl said...

What a story. I'm happy to have been able to go out to dinner with her this past sat, she's a great girl. Hapyy Birthday Ashley

TAMMY said...

I guess if I kept trying, I could be as lucky as you (with a girl)! But, I will settle... I love Ashley and I love your family! Ya'll are an example to me!

Kimmy said...

That is a beautiful picture of her! Happy (belated) birthday to Ashley!
Thats quite the L&D story- you should totally get bonus points for that!

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash