Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Primary is Thumb-thing!




Well, Valentine's Day came and went and with it, the Primary Activity that was Thumb-thing Special! I think it was successful and I hope the children remember a little of what was taught. We had a round of 4 classes all geared toward making our family strong. Then we gathered at the end and had a little object lesson on how the family is like a rope. The kids all seemed to get it and liken what they had learned from the classes. There favorite part of course was the Tug Of War we ended with. Oh and the cupcakes!! Thanks to all of our presidency and Lynna for teaching the classes. I felt like we had a great time, good turn out, especially considering it was a holiday weekend. I didn't of course, take any pictures which was so like me! So now I am on to the next project, Young Women's Camp. I finished "Celebration" again and wanted to let the author know how much her book has meant to me so I did a search for her online and found out she passed away last year. I am sad. She was so wise and I wanted to tell her. I love so many of the things she says I wish I could remember them. But for today I will post one of my favorite. "The gift of daily celebration is bound up in our ability to see the hand of the Lord, the Creator, in all things-to see beauty in every manifestation of creation, in the talents of others as they are inspired by God, and in others themselves, because they too,are creations of the Lord." I hope you all have a day of Celebration today!

2 comments:

TAMMY said...

First of all, I have been meaning to say THANK YOU to the Primary Presidency for such an awesome Primary activity. My boys loved it and I think they learned thumb-special, for real. Second, I can't wait to read this book and well, actually read a book! I am looking forward to growing this year personally and I think this is a good book to start with. Thanks!

Kimmy said...

You did a terrific job with the activity Patty!

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash