Friday, May 1, 2009

April Showers Bring May Flowers

Sorry to say we have had no April showers to speak of but the flowers seem to be blooming quite nicely in the yard!



When I was a little girl we used to celebrate May Day. I would decorate baskets, sometimes the little ones strawberries came in, weaving ribbon in and out to make them pretty, or making whem out of paper, into little cones with ribbon. Then I would go pick dandelions to fill them and hang them on the neighbors door, ring the bell and run. Such fun! Where have all the flowers gone!! And the traditions and fun of a simple life? Well, no matter. Happy May Day. And here is a bouquet for anyone who reads the ramblings of a nostalgic granni!!

2 comments:

Tina said...

So you were decorating, even when you were a little girl...:) Thanks for the bouquet!

Sabra said...

I would pick weeds from around our yard and leave them on my great aunt's doorstep for May Day. I thought they were beautiful.

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash