Tuesday, March 2, 2010

March Onward

March, it came in like a lamb! Though most days I feel like I have been mauled by a lion,today however, was an exceptionally good day following an exceptionally good night. Mom slept from 11pm to 5am with a pit stop and then on into the morning, finally rousing around 9:30. We got dressed and had breakfast, then moseyed out for a spin in her stroller. We had a great laugh about how you start out life in diapers with someone pushing your stroller and you pretty much end life the same way. I almost dumped her out of the wheel chair, getting her out the door. Then I forgot to lock the brakes while I was hooking up the dog's leash and looked up to see her rolling down the street. I didn't even know the street sloped! We talked,laughed,looked at birds, well I looked and pointed, she couldn't see much. But she did like the smells and sun on her face. It was a good day! Then my brother form Montana arrived. She always loved Larry. He could make her laugh when no one else could. Happy days!!! Hoping for another restful night! Thanks to you who commented on the previous post with your kind and inspiring words. I appreciate them more than you could know.

5 comments:

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

I too have had those very thoughts of how we come into the world and leave this world! It sounded like a beautiful day all the way around for you two. I hope that you are enjoying having your brother there. And I agree with Wendy's comments on the previous post about you being such a great example to those around you. I miss ya'll!

Sabra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sabra said...

She is a sweet woman who always loves even the smallest things. I'm so glad you were able to rest. Larry's visit should be good for the both of you.

Tina said...

I'm glad you had a good day. I'm glad you can laugh. I'm also glad you didn't dump her out of the wheel chair!

Kimmy said...

Wow Patty! I had no idea you are dealing with so much right now. I guess its a good thing we got released when we did eh?
I hope your brothers visit went well, and i hope you have some more good days and nights still to come.

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash