Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Blog Hopping

I have been spending some time these past days visiting blogs of strangers who are fantastically talented and generous in sharing their gifts. I am truly amazed each time I venture into blogland, at the variety and scope of talent out there. And I do spend a little time wondering why I just didn't get very much of it. But no bother, I am thankful for eyes that I can see others visions brought to life. I love gathering ideas and wish I could also gather time to put them into my own little creative niche. I garnered an idea from a couple of different blogs,(sorry I didn't write them down and now cannot find them again to give credit). I thought it was so sweet that I had to try my hand at altering a baby shoe into a pin cushion. Mine are quite different but I was pleased with the way they turned out. I got crazy on ebay and bought 4 different pairs plus one lonely little boot. I have finished 3 and am in the middle of number 4, hoping to get it finished shortly. Just waiting for an uninterrupted hour. Here are a couple of them. Sorry the pictures are not fabulous but they really are cute in real life. And most important of all, I had fun making them. I kept thinking of a quote by artisit Thomas Kincade that I used in a speech for a class I took once upon a time. "What a joy it is to be able to create something. Creativity is one of the great priviliges of being human. The benefits of creative endeavor don't necessarily depend on the quality of the endeavor. It is the very act of creating that renews you." I was renewed that day for a short while. I find that when life is just overwhelming for me, if I can take a minute and just craft for a bit, I am better, mentally and emotionally. So thank you to all of the wonderful artists out there in bloggerville who inspire and motivate me. I will probably never achieve artist level but I do enjoy a good craft.



5 comments:

Brenda said...

I LOVE your pin cushions! They are BEAUTIFUL! I understand how the need to "CREATE" invigorates the soul! I admire your creativity and talent--I always have, you make everything beautiful!

Sarah Blue said...

They turned out great! I think I like the boy one better, just because I love blue. Good job!

Megan said...

Wow! Those look like they could be family heirlooms. They're just beautiful.

Kimmy said...

I so hear you Patti! I am amazed with what people create, and wonder what line I was standing in when the creativity was being handed out. ;)(But I dont buy it for a minute that you didnt get your fair share.) You are amazing and talented. Just look at those shoes. Those look fantastic!

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

Those are just too dang cute! They would be great gifts in my line of work! And you ARE so creative! And me... I seriously didn't get an ounce of it!

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash