Thursday, April 1, 2010

No Fools Here!


I remember a friend bringing me hand dipped chocolates one April 1st. Of course I didn't realize that was the date or I might have been a little leery. They looked lovely and I was so touched that she would bring me such a delightful gift. I took a big yummy bite and got a huge mouthful of chocolate covered cotton! We had a great laugh! I thought about making some for my grand kids but while giving mom a breathing treatment,she suggested they might choke. I guess!!! She told me her mother used to make pancakes and put a rag in one. I thought that was a clever idea. She said her oldest sister,Violet, would usually get it. And she would yell, "Burned again!" Seems she was usually the target of the practical jokes around the ranch and always a good sport. I don't think I did anything worse than putting salt in the sugar bowl when I was a kid. And I'm not even sure if I did it or my brothers were the culprits. Speaking of brothers, I should post a picture of the whole gang. It was the first time all of the siblings were together since my dad died 13 years ago. My mother was thrilled and it was a pleasant evening for everyone. My two older brothers have since returned to the North, leaving me here with my younger ones. Mike is 8 years younger and is a blessing to me. He tries to help all he can. I don't see much of Tim, 4 years younger. Mom is very weak these days and sleeps off and on, both day and night. I am so glad she got her wish for all of her children to be in the same room one more time. Well, here's to April Fools everywhere and to Spring, new life, and patience in trials!!!


5 comments:

Wendy said...

How neat for your family to be together-such great pictures! Patty, you are as beautiful as ever and I miss hearing your stories in person and growing from your lessons on life, love and family. I miss you lady!

Granni P said...

Thanks Wendy for your kind words and thoughts. I appreciate them so much. I feel like I have aged a lifetime in the last 6 weeks.

Sarah Blue said...

How fun to have all your brothers visit! Thirteen years is a long time for everyone to be seperated. I'm glad they were able to see your Mom all together.

Kimmy said...

What a reunion! Bless you dear Patty! I hope you may continue to have joy amid the trials!
Thinking about the chocolate covered cotton has me gagging. Augh- that sounds terrible!

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

Are you the only girl in your family? I am so glad all of ya'll got to be together. Sounds like my family with going years without all being together. Hope you are doing well!

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash