Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy 2010




Happy new Year to One and All. Christmas was busy and bustling and just down right fun but I am ready to relax with my new book now! I am still enjoying the decor and have to be in the mood to take it all down so maybe by February I will be there. I love the holidays. And I love the down time that comes after. January is my favorite read month and I usually get about 3 or 4 books read this month. I am into my new one I got from Sabe for Christmas. It is called The Help. Great read so far. We had lots of good times, good food, and good family and friends to share it all with. We took all of the kids caroling before Christmas on a Monday night. The Jones went with us and they still came back on Christmas Eve so it must have been fun. We also had our annual Christmas Eve bash with the pinatas and Santa Bag. Then Christmas morning was the big breakfast, followed by the opening of gifts with all of the grandchildren and children. This year Ashley spent the night before Christmas with us so we had someone to wake up with Christmas morning. It sure is different with no little ones to rouse from the bed. I used to dream every Christmas Eve that I forgot to stuff the stockings. But last year I didn't have the dream and it didn't return this year. Apparently my anxiety levels over the morning have dropped off. I didn't get very many good pictures at all, even with the new camera. Too busy I guess to stop and shoot. But I will always carry the memory of my beautiful family in my heart. I love them all so much. We missed Kaylie but got to talk with her on the phone during the party. So now it is on to the New Year. I haven't written down any resolutions yet but I have one that I am already working very hard on. And I am sure it will take many years if ever to become proficient. I used to always write my resolutions down, even categorizing them. But the last few years I haven't done that. Made me feel like a failure when I didn't realize them. I think perhaps I had too many. Well, I am totally rambling now so that means the time has come to get off the blog.

5 comments:

Kimmy said...

Glad you guys had such a nice Christmas! I love your tradition of the pinata with the grandkids.
Thats such a cute picture of you and all the girls!

Brenda said...

Hi Patty!

Glad to know someone else has Christmas still up! I'm sure I will have a lot of my Christmas still up in February!

I like the time after Christmas also! Your pictures are great! I love seeing all the fun you have with your grandkids! It makes me excited to be a Grandma someday! Thanks for your kind comments.
Happy New Year!

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

That anniversary post was just adorable. I really can't believe ya'll have been married for 40 years!! Ya'll look so young, and act like it too! All the pictures... priceless. Ya'll are just an adorably handsome couple and I am grateful I got to know ya'll when we lived in Yuma. Great pic of you and all your girls!

Megan said...

Patty-
I love your blog. You make Grandparenting look like SO much fun!!
That is a great photo of you and all your girls!

Sarah Blue said...

Love the picture of Tom holding the pinata rope for Strider. Strider looks like he is just waiting for someone to say GO! and then he will whack the thing good. :)

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash