Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Family



Sunday Jared blessed our new granddaughter, Alexis Reign Lemmon. It was a wonderful blessing and I felt blessed to have been there. She is our 13th grandchild. My cup is full to overflowing! This picture is of some but not all of the family. Grandpa had a Bishopric meeting, and Zulema was home with sick children. Tanya Thompson happend to be walking by and I snagged her to take this shot. I love it. Sabra had to chase down Maverick and he was no way going to get his picture taken. And I especially love the look on Lino's face. And we call Naomi the poser. Every time I take her picture, she poses. She will probably grow up to model one day!! We all had some laughs, especially when Tanya showed us our family picture that she carries in her scriptures. We were all amazed that she would have it, for one thing, and then we laughed about how funny we all looked in it. It was taken around 1989 or 1990. Jason referred to it as the Cardigan picture. The boys all had sweaters on. Funny!! And Jared is leaning into the picture like he was just some kid who walked by and wanted to be part of it. One of the kids said they could't believe we paid for that picture. It is the only professional family photo we ever had taken. We do have one other and it was actually taken in the produce department at El Rancho Market in 1982! Now that one is hilarious. I always love how families get together every year for an annual picture. For some reason, I just never made that happen. I think it's because I have never liked one picture of myself, ever! I have great pictures of the boys and Ashley and even a couple of Tom. But I just can't get one of me that makes me glad I had it taken! I am not what you call photogenic. I need to be Photoshopped!!! Anyway, the day was wonderful and in the evening, most everyone came over. We missed Aaron's family but the rest of us had some laughs and watched the cousins play. I am so blessed!!

8 comments:

Sabra said...

I sent you an awesome picture of you holding Lexi! Where is it? Do I have to post it on my own blog?

Kimmy said...

I have a hard time believing you are not photogenic. You are beautiful.
Cute picture. Naomis hand on the hip cracks me up.
What a great family!

ashes said...

I Love this picture!! except for me of course. i look like the fat hobbit.

Deck The HALLS of HOME with JOY! said...

Cute picture! What an awesome family you have! I love family pictures! You should be so proud!
I agree with Kimmy's comment!
I think you all look great!

Happy Mothers day =D

Wendy said...

Sister Lemmon, You are so beautiful! Those pretty blue eyes with their twinkle...your incredibly sexy legs...and your amazingly beautiful spirit! Anyone who doesn't know you can see that you have the looks, those of us who know you, can see your inner beauty as well...Great photo~

Tina said...

You ARE so blessed, to have your family close to you like this. The picture is great...

Now, when are you going to post the El Rancho picture?

TAMMY said...

What Wendy said is right on. I was looking at you all decked out on Mother's Day and thought how beautiful you looked! You do have beautiful eyes (and they really do twinkle), a sexy body, and I don't know where you don't think that you are photogenic. I really think that you need to post the "produce picture". Way tooo candid! You rock Patti!

Natalie Lundberg said...

Patti- I love the picture! it's been years since I've been to Yuma (3-4ish) It's great to have everyone...well almost everyone together! You have a beautiful family.

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash