Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sydney's Twelve


Happy Birthday To Sydney! Sweet, smart, lovable, kind, crafty, talented, the list goes on! She is a girl after my own heart. We have fun crafting and talking and hanging out whenever we get the chance.






I hope she liked her giant cupcake. I think she was expecting it to actually look like a cupcake. The others did. But Sabra said do something with horses that she collects. I thought about a barn and then Sabe said she rides the mountain with the big A out in Roll. Why not make that? So I gave it my best shot! I don't think she knew quite what it was supposed to be until I explained it. But that's ok. I had a great time creating it anyway and it may not have been the purple cupcake she dreamed of, but it was from my heart and it tasted pretty good, too!!! I took the left over cake, (you have to trim the top off the bottom portion of the cupcake and the bottom off the top) and I used it to make the rocky path up the sides to the top. Then I mixed chocolate pudding mix into white frosting to get a grainy, sandy looking goop to frost the entire thing. To this I added strategicly placed candy rocks, green grass, and purple and orange flowers. I topped it off with 12 Breyer Horses, one for each year. YeeHah!!! I hope all your wishes come true Syd!!!

4 comments:

Megan said...

That is a great cake for a pretty great girl!

Sabra said...

She loved the cake. Thank you so much. Without you, it's quite possible my kids would go cakeless.

Kimmy said...

Nice creativity Patty! I would have never been able to create something like that, and make it look so good no less.

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

That is too adorable! I want you to make me one in Septemeber...

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash